History of the School

School History

Whilst St John Bosco College (SJBC) only opened in September 2011, there has been a rich tradition of  Catholic Education on the site in Battersea since the opening of Salesian College in 1895.

SJBC was formed after Salesian College and John Paul II School closed in 2011.  The school was temporarily based in Princes Way, West Hill, whilst the state of the art facilities were built in Parkham Street in the heart of Battersea. 

Within two years of opening the school was rated by 'Good' by Ofsted in March 2013.  The school moved into its current home in October 2015 and was formally opened at a ceremony attended by Archbishop Peter Smith of Southwark in November 2015 (pictured below).  

The school was rated 'Good' by Ofsted in May 2017 and judged as an 'Outstanding Catholic School' under Section 48 of the Education Act, by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark in June 2019.