Please have a look at our new information page with details of various family friendly on line events you can engage with during lockdown that are both educational and entertaining.
Lockdown Events for the whole family
The following links are online events/exhibitions etc. that we thought you and your family may find of interest over the next few weeks:
1. Museum of London Docklands has a free virtual tour.
2. The Yale Centre for British Art has made courses free for students during lockdown.
3. The British Museum has made its online collections free to the public.
4. The Natural History Museum has free virtual tours.
5. The Tate Gallery has a 360-degree virtual tour online.
6. View the latest exhibitions at The National Gallery virtual tours.
7. Anne Frank House Museum has created virtual tours for free.
8. The Vatican has opened up its digital tours so the Sistine Chapel can be viewed.
9. NASA Kids is perfect for space fans. Learn all about the universe we live in by viewing these online videos.
10. Audible Stories has made all of its classic children’s stories free.
11. WWF Together is an app that has proven really popular. Using the app children are able to explore the lives of endangered species. Try out “tiger vision,”. They can also take a selfie with an animal!
12. Travel isn't possible at the moment, but the power of Our Planet means the globe is there to explore through videos and photos.
13. Harry Potter: A History of Magic exhibition at the British Library is available through Google Arts and Culture.
14. The British Library have their extensive collections available online, and a great resource for students trying to research at home.
15. Swimming in pools might be closed at the moment, but at the National Aquarium they've created virtual swimming lessons...with the fish!
We encourage you to find some lockdown time to explore some of these fantastic opportunities to discover new things and broaden horizons despite being stuck at home.
St John Bosco College