We offer two types of bursaries; 

Bursary for students in vulnerable groups

You may be able to get a bursary if at least one of the following applies:

  • you’re in or you recently left local authority care
  • you get Income Support or Universal Credit because you’re financially supporting yourself
  • you get Disability Living Allowance (DLA) in your name and either Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit
  • you get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name and either ESA or Universal Credit

The amount you may get depends on the costs you have and what you need for your course. This might include money for books, equipment or travel costs.

Discretionary bursary

Discretionary bursaries are determined on a case-by-case basis, looking at the individual circumstances - this usually includes your family income.

You can apply for a discretionary bursary if you’re over 19 and either:

Download and complete a bursary application, providing the evidence required. 

If you have any questions, please contact the sixth form administrator Miss C Harris charris@sjbc.wandsworth.sch.uk